One of the many things on our to-do list was to find a new home for my wedding ring. As many of you may know her name is “Bertha.” Deciding not to wear Bertha on our RTW trip was an easy decision! Ever since we got engaged I have not worn Bertha on almost all of our vacations, except of course to Our Wedding. I typically just wear my wedding band, it is not nearly as flashy and is quite simple.
For our RTW it was decided it would be best to have no diamonds at all, so we decided to purchase me a “travel ring.” So now I would like to introduce you to “Aaron.”
Aaron is actually a men’s ring, and happens to be the same ring as Adams but not nearly as thick! I really like Aaron, it doesn’t knock on anything, get in the way, and can fit in all my gloves.
Most of our vacations to date involve a beach, and beach means water, and water means I will be taking off my ring. Finding a safe place for a ring can be tricky while traveling. Where do you put this ring when you travel, in your bag on the beach? In your room? In your room safe? And if you haven’t noticed already, we don’t tend to stay at all-inclusive 5 star hotels. We also mainly take public transportation buses/trains/subways and sometimes we are the only tourists. We are also known for finding ourselves in some interesting situations! So for us, it’s best not to bring any diamonds at all.
Why not to travel with diamonds
- Draws attention to yourself and potentially making yourself a victim of robbery
- Makes you look like you have $$ therefore potentially driving up prices of items when you ask, “How much is this?”
- You will probably be taking it off for many outdoor activities (pool, snorkeling, swimming, etc.)
- Hotel safes are not always safe, have heard toooo many stories of items disappearing in hotel safes
- If you ever plan on a night of heavy drinking, I advise leaving the diamonds at home, you never know what can happen (or you might not be able to remember what happen……)
So next time you travel think about leaving the diamonds at home, and investing in a travel ring. Your time on the beach & in the water will be worry free! No more stressing about your ring if it is safe in sound.