12 Apr Meet a Traveler- Interview with Everything Everywhere
Meet Gary from Everything Everywhere
The who are you ?’s
1. Who are you and where do you hail from? – My name is Gary Arndt. I am originally from Wisconsin but I lived in Minnesota for 15 years before I started traveling.
2. How did you meet your partner in crime? How long have you known each other? or What are the pros/cons of solo travel? – I have no partner in crime. I travel solo. Nice part of traveling solo is that you never have to compromise on where you want to go or what you want to eat.
3. What jobs did you kick to the curb in order to travel? – I didn’t really have a job before I started traveling. I went back to school for 2 years before my trip.
4. Explain your website name, where did it come from/how did you come up with it? – It was just something I thought of that sounded good. It was broad and generic enough to cover anything I might want to do.
The fun ?’s
1. What’s the most under-estimated country & why? – Micronesia. Beautiful place but few people will ever take the time to visit because it is so far away from everywhere.
2. What’s your biggest travel mishap? – Probably getting kicked out of the country of Kiribati.
3. What luxuries did you forgoe in order to save for your travels? – Not much. I sold a home and a business.
4. What country has the best $1usd menu? What can one expect to get for $1usd? – I’d have to say street food in Thailand. You can get soup, grilled meat and fruit for well under $1 each.
Quick & Dirty (1-2 word answers)
1. Favorite beach – Green Sand Beach on the Big Island of Hawaii
2. #1 must have travel items – iPhone 5
3. Zip-off pants or no zip-off pants – zip em off
4. Favorite beer – Valima Lager from Samoa
5. Favorite ice-cream flavor – Chocolate
6. How many stamps in your passport? – No clue. I’m on my 2nd one in 6 years and it is almost full. Both had extra pages put in.