30 Dec Our Favorite Beaches of 2013
If you are new to Getting Stamped, we happen to be complete BEACH LOVERS! If there is a good beach near by, you can bet we will find it. 2013 is coming to an end and made us think about some of our favorite places of the year, and we would thought it would be fun to recap our favorite beaches we visited in 2013. We have had loads of beach days, but these stick out as our favorites.
1. San Blas Island, Panama When you think of Panama your mind probably goes to a canal, but this thin strip of land is home to our favorite beach of the year! The San Blas islands on the Atlantic side of Panama has an extremely remote feeling that is tough to find, and the water is stunning.
2. Sun tan Beach, Fiji Here for a limited time only, this beach is only open for tanning certain hours, low tide brings this beach out above the crystal clear waters of the South Pacific.
3. Whithaven Beach, Australia Just look at those swirls… The hyper white sand… The bright blue water… This would probably taken top honors if it weren’t for those meddling jellyfish. The sand that graces this beach is some of the purest silicon in the world. The white stuff from this beach was actually used to make the glass in the Hubble telescope. The only problem is… you can’t get in the water for fear of getting stung by the box jellyfish, bummer. The only way in: jump into a full body wet suit so you can lounge in the crystal blue water with your fashionable all black gear!
4. Tulum, Mexico Just look at it! The soft, white sand stretches for miles along the bright blue waters of the Caribbean in the southern Yucatan of Mexico. The small, low key town located two hours south of Cancun is home to one of our all time favorite beaches.
5. Silk Cayes, Belize 20 miles off the coast of Belize lie a few piles of sand surrounded by coral reef, a day trip out here from Placencia isn’t a bad way to spend a day!
6. Water Caye, Honduras Off the western side of the island of Utila, Honduras lie a few small uninhabited islands to frolic on for the day. The water is the color of a swimming pool with plenty of coral around to explore.
7.Red beach in Galapagos, Ecuador How often do you see a bright red beach covered in sea lions? Need I say more?
8. Punta Uva, Costa Rica We had this entire beach ALMOST to ourselves, only 3 others to share with. Big plot of sand, and only 3 people to share with!
9.Maya Bay, Thailand This beach first became famous, almost TOO famous thanks Leonardo DiCaprio and the movie “The Beach.” This beach would have scored much higher if it hadn’t become so popular, and now over run with tourists. Still gorgeous and a must see, but be prepared to share the sand.
10.Placencia, Belize Beautiful beach, but what it made it pop to us was the lively boardwalk full of restaurants & bars that are right on the beach. Ice cream & beach bars and we’re SOLD! Have you been to any of our favorites? What are you favorite beaches? We are always look for a new beach to add to our ever-growing route!