Your Siem Reap tuk tuk driver can make or break your trip to the city and to Angkor Wat, so choose a good one. Which is harder than it sounds because as of 2015 there are over 10,000 registered tuk tuk drivers in Siem Reap all vying for your business to take you to the temples of Angkor Wat. We have a recommendation for a good Siem Reap Tuk Tuk Driver that we have used multiple times and have grown to be friends with. We would like to introduce you to Sok who we have hired on all of our trips to Angkor Wat since 2013 and have recommended at least 100 times and everyone’s feedback has been great.
MEET MR. SOK MENEA – Siem Reap Tuk Tuk Driver
We met Sok in 2013 while visiting Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples in Siem Reap with Hannah’s parents and since then we have hired him every time we are back in Siem Reap. When looking for a Siem Reap tuk tuk driver you won’t find anyone better than Sok.
We put this page together to help Sok find a few more passengers and to help you find the best tuk-tuk driver in Siem Reap. There are more than 10,000 registered tuk-tuk drivers in Siem Reap alone. So, there are a lot of choices, and finding a good tuk-tuk driver can be overwhelming. You can save yourself the hassle of finding a reliable driver in town and set your trip up before traveling to Siem Reap and heading to sunset at Angkor Wat.
***If you are looking for the best place for sunrise at Angkor Wat check out this article***
WHAT MAKES SOK THE BEST SIEM REAP TUK TUK DRIVER?
- He’s always on time, bright and early at 4:45 a.m.
- Friendly and courteous
- Knowledgeable about the sites and how to make a good day trip
- Fair and very reasonable prices without a bunch of negotiation
- Good English, we didn’t have to slow down speaking to him and he even gets our humor
- Responsible Driver, we always felt safe with Sok (we have seen some bad accidents)
- Clean and comfortable tuk tuk
- Sok has a cooler with ice cold waters, which are a must on those hot days in Angkor Wat
- Everything you need in a good Siem Reap tuk tuk driver!
Book a Siem Reap Tuk Tuk Driver Online
- BEST WAY to reach Sok is to find him on Facebook and arrange your tours. Make sure to add him as a friend to ensure he gets your Facebook message, otherwise, it might end up in the other message/message request folder
- You can email Sok at [email protected] to set up your trip before arriving in Siem Reap/Angkor Wat. If you email him and you don’t get a response let us know, we talk to him weekly we can get ahold of him. He isn’t the best at checking his email but Facebook messenger he’ll respond within 12 hours.
- Call him when you are in Cambodia at 092 9493 79 or 098 9291 12
- Sok can pick you up at the Siem Reap airport as part of his service, he is always waiting for us at the airport with a sign and a smile.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sok.menea.1 add as friend before messaging
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 092 9493 79 or 098 9291 12
Airport pickup Siem Reap Tuk Tuk Driver
If you arrange your trip with Sok in advance he can also pick you up at the airport and bring your right to your hotel. That same day you can go buy your tickets for Angkor Wat for the following days. While you are there buying tickets you are allowed to visit that afternoon for sunset. Sok will work out a very affordable package for as many days as you want.
Book a Siem Reap Tuk Tuk while in the city
- You can find Sok at what he calls his “Head Quarters”, on Pub Street in front of the Red Piano restaurant. At the intersection of Street 8 also known as “Pub Street” and Street 11. This is a popular spot for Siem Reap tuk tuk drivers to park.
- If you’re already in town he can give you a lift across Siem Reap, or you can book a multi-day Siem Reap tour with him.
- He also has a smartphone to get in contact with straight away.
The difference between a Driver and a Guide
Sok is a Tuk Tuk driver, but not a licensed guide. The difference is only licensed guides can accompany you inside the temples of Angkor Wat. For us this was our preferred way to see the temples, Sok can explain the history of the temples and then we are free to explore and take photos of the temples. If you would like a formal guide to accompany you, Sok can arrange this as well. Almost all drivers are not guides, and guides are not drivers, so you’ll need both if you want to go this route. For us the deep details of each and every temple is not as important as the general history and some nice photos, so for us riding with Sok is all we need.
SO WHY THIS PAGE?
Sok is one of those good people in the world that is trying to make it in a tough market, and this is our way of helping a good person out. We recommend him with confidence, we know he is going to take care of you. If you choose to ride with Sok you will have a good trip around Angkor Wat and you’ll leave friends as we did.
If you rode with Sok while in Siem Reap please leave a comment below on how your trip was!This post may contain affiliate links, see our disclosure